1. Can I participate if I am not registered?
No. If you are not registered, you can only read ideas and be inspired by them. You have to be a registered user if you want to post ideas and challenges, add comments, vote and take part in competitions.
Go to Register, it’s really simple and quick.
2. I have not received an email confirmation for my new account
This can be for several reasons:
-You may have entered an incorrect email address.
-The process may be taking longer than usual.
-The email has been delivered to your unwanted mailbox. Please check your junk mail folder.
If none of these reasons apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I have entered my user name and password, but cannot access my account
You may be entering your user name or password incorrectly.
If you have forgotten your password, click on "Forgot my password". You will then be asked to enter the email address you used when you registered. You will receive an email with your user name and a link to reset your password.
The cause may also be a temporary technical issue.
4. How can I edit my user profile?
All you need to do is go to User > Settings in the drop-down menu on the top right of your screen. Here, you can change your user name, password or profile photo, and complete any personal data you wish.
5. Can I delete a comment I have submitted?
Yes. Click on the "X" that you’ll find next to the comment you wish to delete.
6. How can I subscribe to ideas posted by a specific user?
Go to the user's personal page and click on the button: "Subscribe to my network's ideas feed". You will find this button on the bottom of the screen, under My Network, where you will see all the ideators you are following.
7. How can I communicate with another user?
For now, the only way to communicate with other Community users is through the comments in ideas and challenges. Or you can leave a message in his or her user profile. All messages are public.
8. Can I block another user’s comment?
No, but if you consider the comment offensive or inappropriate, you can use the Report as Abuse option, and the Community's Administration will consider its removal and notify the user who posted it.
9. Why has my idea or problem been deleted?
There are two possible reasons:
-You may have deleted it yourself, but don’t remember.
-Another user may have selected “Report Abuse” in one of your ideas/ problems, because he or she considered it inappropriate (False, Advertising, Offensive, etc.) and the idea was deleted. If this is the case, you will receive an email letting you know your idea has been deleted.
10. My account was deleted
Another user may have used "Report as Abuse" in your profile, because he or she considered you have posted inappropriate content (ideas, challenges, comments, etc.) in breach of the Community Rules, and your account was consequently deleted. If this is the case, you will receive an email notifying you of your account's deletion.
11. How can I deactivate my user?
If you wish to unsubscribe your user, all you need to do is request so in writing to email@example.com
1. How can I follow another ideator?
It's very simple. All you need to do is enter the user's profile by clicking on his or her photo or user name. You will find a "Follow" button there.
By clicking on this button, you become a Follower of that user and all of his or her activity will appear in the Activity Feed in your personal profile.
2. How can I stop following an ideator?
There are two ways to do so:
- Access the profile of the user you wish to remove from Network and click on the button "Stop following".
- From your own personal profile, access the space labeled "Following..." and remove any users you wish from there.
3. What is the button "Send to a friend" I see in every idea and problem?
You might run into an idea that is perfect for someone you know, or a challenge that one of your friends can solve. If you do, click on this button on any idea or challenge and share it.
4. If an idea or problem is inadequate, can I report it?
If run into content (an idea, challenge or comment) that does not comply with the Community Rules you can report it by clicking on the button "Report Abuse", which you will find in every idea or challenge.
When you report content, you must specify the reasons why you consider it offensive, which can be one or several of the following:
- False: it is not really an idea, but rather a comment, opinion, content that does not make sense, etc.
- Advertising: the content is advertising and makes reference to sites other than ideas4all for "commercial" purposes.
- Offensive content: content used to attack or intimidate other users, ethnic groups, communities, etc.
- Inappropriate content: content that is violent, pornographic, etc.
- Copyrighted Material: copyrighted content, or content that was copied from other websites.
Once content has been reported, it is reviewed by ideas4all's Administration, and a decision is made on whether or not it should be deleted.
If you have any other problems or queries that aren't covered here, you can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How do languages work in ideas4all?
By default, whenever you access ideas4all all ideas and challenges will appear in the language in which they were posted, even if all remaining web content (buttons, explanatory texts, etc.) appears in your browser's language. If your browser is installed in English, ideas4all will appear in English; if your browser's language is Spanish, content will appear in Spanish.
6. Can I change the website’s language?
Yes. Go to the "Language" option on the top-right corner of the menu bar and choose your language.
7. Can I filter ideas and challenges posted in a language I choose?
Yes. To see ideas and challenges in a specific language, go to User > Settings > Language and select the language you wish to filter content in. You can select from 1 to 3 languages, or choose to view all.
Please keep in mind that when you filter searches by language, Rankings will also be affected; i.e. you will only see ideas in the language(s) you selected.
8. ideas4all in China
ideas4all has a very special interest in China, a country experiencing possibly the greatest innovative and creative momentum in the world, from which we expect to receive hundreds of thousands of ideas.
In order to adjust to the Chinese culture, way of thinking, legislation and needs, we have created an independent platform with a different access domain: www.ideas4all.cn, entirely directed to Chinese users.
For all other users who wish to browse and see content in Chinese, www.ideas4all.com also includes Chinese as one of its Language options.
1. How can I publish an idea or challenge?
In order to publish an idea or challenge, you must be a registered user. Once you are registered, there are two ways of posting content:
- Through the menu bar, under the "Ideas" tab, using the option "Post Ideas". Under the "Challenges" tab, using the option "Share Challenges".
- Through the buttons "I have an idea" or "I share a challenge", which you will find under the menu bar in all of ideas4all's pages.
Once you have selected any of these options, you will access the page from which you can edit your new idea or challenge. The first thing you need to do is write a title. Try to summarize the content well and use key words to describe it, so that other users can find it easily using the search engine. Next, enter the text for the idea or challenge, and add any images or files you wish to attach.
There are several fields to be completed, some of which are mandatory:
- Intellectual property: You can choose between two options for the type of license you wish to use when publishing your idea or challenge. Read more about said licenses under the Terms and Conditions.
- Category: Subject matter used to classify your idea.
- Check box if your idea is a business idea: check this box if your idea contemplates a business offering new services or products. When you check this box, the idea will appear in the category you select, as well as in a special category called "Business Ideas".
- Language: The language your idea is written in.
- Tags: These are the key words that define your idea and help others find it using the search engine. You must separate tags with a comma between them, and if you wish to enter a multi-word tag (e.g. classical music) you need to add an underscore between the words that make up the term (e.g. classical_music).
- Suggested for: Use this field to enter the name of a company, institution or brand that your idea is intended for.
- Dedicated to: Use this field to dedicate your idea to whomever you like, for fun. If it is an idea for an airline, you can dedicate it to all the world's travellers, or to airline employees.
When you have completed your idea, click on "Submit" and the idea will be published and visible to all other users.
You can also use the "Draft" option to save a draft of your idea and publish it at a later time. Ideas saved as drafts will appear in your ideas list, but will only be visible to you.
2. Intellectual property rights
ideas4all is very concerned in protecting your rights, for that you can always choose two alternatives to protect your ideas and problems:
1. Creative Commons Attribution 2.5. Under this license, you only retain authorship of the idea, but give away all other rights on it. So you lose the copyright but you get that nice warm feeling inside that comes from sharing. Learn more in our Terms & Conditions page.
2. idas4all license agreement: retain copyright. In this case you only give Ideas4all and its users license to display it etc. However, it doesn’t stop other people from taking your idea and using it. If you’re concerned about patents then a way around this might be to disclose just the outline of your idea, not all the details. Learn more in our Terms & Conditions page.
3. How can I post a solution for a challenge?
Open the challenge you wish to solve and click on the button "Create a solution".
This will take you to a new screen where you can edit your solution, enter a title, text, categories, etc. Post your solution by clicking on "Submit".
A solution is just like an idea.
You may also connect an idea, either your own or another ideator's, to the challenge you believe it solves. To do so, open the idea and go to the tab "Challenge it solves". Click on "See All", and search for the title of the challenge you believe the idea solves. Check the box next to the challenge, and the idea will be connected to the challenge as its solution.
4. How can I delete my idea or challenge?
You can only delete ideas and challenges you have posted yourself. Open the idea or challenge you wish to delete and click on the "Edit" button, next to the title.
This will take you to another screen, where you can edit the content. At the end of the screen, you will find the "Delete" button. Click "Delete" and the content will be deleted.
5. How can I comment on an idea or challenge?
Open the idea or challenge where you wish to add a comment and write in the blank space under "Add a new comment". Next, click on "Post comment".
6. How can I vote for an idea or challenge?
There are two ways of voting for content:
- Through the button (+1) that you will find in the general list of ideas and challenges. This lets you vote without having to open the content completely.
- Open the idea or challenge you wish to vote for and click on the "Like" button.
7. Can I add an idea or challenge to My Favorites?
Yes. You can add any content you like to your favorites list, which you can access from the "My Favorites" tab in your personal profile.
Open the idea or challenge you wish to add to your Favorites and click on the button "Add to Favorites".
If you wish to remove an idea you added to your Favorites list, open the idea or challenge you wish to remove and click on the button "Remove from Favorites".
8. What is “Build on an idea "?
This is when you build on an idea posted by another user. Take any idea as groundwork for your own idea, i.e. you develop your own new idea based on the former idea. You are therefore helping to improve that idea, expanding it, spreading it to another market or context, changing it... There are many ways to build on ideas posted by others.
9. What are the fields “Suggested for” and “Dedicated to”?
"Suggested for" is a field for any company, institution or brand you wish to direct your idea to.
"Dedicated to" is a field where you can dedicate you idea to whomever you like, for fun. Your cat, your mother, all the world's travellers, anyone or anything you like.
10. Who can edit an idea?
The user who posted the idea in ideas4all.
It is important that you realize that when users post their ideas, they automatically accept that ideas4all may make changes without affecting the idea's contents. These may be stylistic changes, as well as corrections to expressions and/or grammar.
Similarly, users also authorize ideas4all to send any ideas it considers attractive to other companies or organizations, and to spread them through social networks or other media, such as our Twitter account @topideas4all.
You can write with any questions or queries regarding edited ideas to: email@example.com.
11. What is a co-Ideator?
A co-Ideator is a user who is invited to co-edit an idea. You may be invited, or you may invite another user, to become part of an idea, contributing to improve it. This allows you to post ideas in groups, as small or large as you wish.
If you wish to invite someone, you must first post your idea. Then open the idea and edit it. On the bottom of the editing screen, you will see a space labeled "Co-editors" where you can invite any users you choose by entering their user names. They will receive an email with your invitation.
12. Can an idea be rejected, deleted or removed?
It is important to understand that there is no such thing as a bad or stupid idea.
We don't reject ideas. However, ideas4all has Community Rules that must be respected and if your idea does not respect these rules, it can be Reported as Abuse and consequently be removed.
13. What are the tags next to ideas under category "Improve ideas4all"?
Under the category "Improve ideas4all", ideas are classified with three tags telling you the idea has been reviewed by our Administration.
The tags are:
- Filed - Ideas that may be very good, but have been filed for various reasons, such as being too complicated to develop or not quite fitting in the ideas4all philosophy.
- Developed - Ideas that we have already implemented, or about to add to our website.
- Viable - Ideas we are studying, in order to evaluate their feasibility.
Ideators of ideas tagged as "Viable" must keep in mind that we will study their proposals but cannot guarantee that all these ideas will be implemented, or that this will happen within a short period of time, since most ideas require technical development.
14. What is the "Ideas form Entrepreneurs" category?
"Ideas form Entrepreneurs" is a special set of ideas that can become businesses. This means that when you share your idea, apart from selecting a category, you will be able to tick a box indicating your idea is a business idea. This tells the entire ideas4all Community and anyone browsing your idea that you are interested in transforming it into a business.
It will automatically be stored and will be available within its category, as well as under "Ideas form Entrepreneurs". The complementary category "Ideas form Entrepreneurs" therefore adds value to your idea.
1. Homepage Content Filters
In the ideas4all Homepage, you can select whether you wish to view ideas or challenges, by clicking on the corresponding tabs.
For example, once you are viewing ideas, simply click on "24 Hrs, 7 days, 30 days, 365 days" in order to filter the selected period. If you don't wish to see the latest ideas, but rather the most voted (top) ideas, the most commented or most viewed, simply use the drop-down menu you see next to the filters.
2. How can I search for ideas or challenges by other Ideators?
Using the tabs "Ideas" and "Challenges" next to the menu bar:
- You can click "View Ideas" or "View Challenges" and then select the type of search by applying filters: by title, by date, by Ideator/Questor, by votes, by number of visits or by country.
- You can search "By category"
- You can "Search by tag"
You can also search for anything you wish by using the search engine, which you will find on the top-right hand corner of every screen.
3. How can I see ideas and challenges by country?
You can view ideas and challenges posted in different countries by clicking on “Ideas Map”, next to the menu bar.
1. Twitter Connect
If your ideas4all profile is connected to your Twitter account, you can send ideas through Twitter by entering the text of your message with the hashtag #compartoidea. Your idea will be perfectly registered in your ideas4all account.
Find complete information here.
2. Facebook Connect
Facebook connect is a functionality that allows you to enter ideas4all with your Facebook identity and keep both profiles connected. This means that, if you wish, you can share ideas you post in ideas4all with your Facebook friends.
Find complete information here.
3. Connect your profile with Gnoss
GNOSS is a web platform for the development of a socio-digital lifestyle. You can connect your ideas4all profile to your GNOSS profile.
Follow these steps to connect both profiles.
4. What is @Topideas4alleng?
@Topideas4alleng is the Twitter account that we use to publish good ideas from the website, giving them much more visibility and, most importantly, sending them to the Twitter accounts of companies that are related to the idea.
If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org